Tuesday, July 16, 2019

You Got A Song, Must Mean I Love You (July 2019)

Formless frustration encircles thoughts of you
Defense mechanism, being rude is never cute
What are we pretending to accomplish?
You're better off a touch and go

Is this a comfort zone for you?
Your edges help me keep my distance
Stop acting self-important
Loathing every sentiment you share

Pity the opportunity I offered
Hands were open now my mind is closed
Anger would help me be honest
What's the point?

Comparing me to ideals when you're shallow
Shitty is what you want
You're causing too much a stir
I thought you were meaningless

I never said this was gonna be good
I just need to breathe out the fire you lit inside me
Still it rages on
Getting the best of me and it's my fault

You always were a mistake

No comments:

Post a Comment