Thursday, July 18, 2019

Treadmill (July 2019)

My exhausted mind begs me to rid you
At least now you're past tense
Potential, yet far from too
You could only sell me on so much
Defiantly I let you breathe
You were never good for me

I'm not ready to love
But the lack of affection has this well empty and uninspired
Criticize me for lack of emotional activity, lack of nameless sex
Would I rather be in your shoes?

Wasn't it too soon?
He just left that home you shared
Rushing for fulfillment
Desperation louder than the bitter things you say

Sharp your tongue, hollow your heart
I saw you all along
If only your face didn't remind me
You never stood a chance

It's true
I wanted to punish you in bed

Karma kept an eye on me
That bitch finally beneficial
Knowing I can't love someone else until I love myself
Does this treadmill ever die?

No comments:

Post a Comment